Arcodoro

|
name of restaurant :: Arcodoro
address :: 5000 Westheimer @ Post Oak Houston, TX 77056
hours :: S-T 11am - 11pm, F-S 11am - 12am
meals served :: L & D, Brunch on Sun and Sat
prices :: $$$
dress code :: dressy-casual
reservations :: recommended
website :: www.arcodoro.com/Houston%5Cdefault.htm
review :: The Houston Restaurant Week menu enticed me to finally make a visit to Arcodoro to indulge in Sardinian Italian cuisine. Located in the heart of the Galleria area, Arcodoro's setting offers all sorts of seating for a romantic intimate dinner to large family style feasts or more casual patio dining. A couple of large wall paintings give patrons an interesting perspective into the sights of Italy.

To be honest, the reason I'd return to Arcodoro is not because of the menu served for restaurant week, but instead the food we saw served at the tables around us that appears on the regular menu. The aroma and sight of salt baked fish served table side invoked a sense of utter giddiness. We stared in awe and our mouths started to water as we watched the waiter smash the salty crust off of the fish and skillfully fillet and serve the fresh flaky flesh to the table next to ours. Fresh pastas and pizzas are also recommended on the menu, but I guess I must talk about food I personally ate...

First Course: The flavors of the Carpaccio di Salmone alla Bottarga were mild and light. The slices of Granny Smith apples gave the salad a crisp and tart brightness that cut through the rich, fattiness of the salmon and activated the palate in anticipation for the rest of the courses.

Second Course: The Paella Sarda was unique because instead of rice it was served with fregula pasta which resembles couscous. I was mostly disappointed by this course. On the good side, the pasta was not soupy and the texture was spot on al dente. However, the temperature of the dish arrived a bit on the cooler side and with a sort of pita chip on the side that did not seem to relate to the dish. The mussels and clams were probably simmered for too long and were reduced to pea sized lumps. I found the taste of the pasta to be a bit generic and not nearly as rich as I'd expect a dish that claimed to have so much seafood in it to be.

Dessert: Luckily the Panna Cotta alla Saba saved the evening. This dessert, that resembled a white flan, was lusciously rich, sweet and creamy and had a hint of pistachio that kept my spoon constantly scraping for more.

Despite my gripes, I believe I will return to Arcodoro because I've personally seen that it has much more fabulous food to offer beyond what I've sampled.
rating :: 3 forks
reviewed by :: MamaRamen

0 comments:

Post a Comment