Whole Foods :: Cake

|
name of restaurant :: Whole Foods
address :: n/a
hours :: n/a
meals served :: n/a
prices :: $
dress code :: casual
reservations :: n/a
website :: www.wholefoodsmarket.com
review :: I'm a bit of a cakephile. Love me some cake. Cupcakes, Petit Fours, wedding cake, baby cakes, any cakes. I've had such bad luck with grocery store cakes that I've stayed away from them...with the exception of HEB's Boston Cream Pie...mmm.

After staring at the Whole Foods cake fridge for 10 minutes I decide on a beautifully decorated white sheet cake that feeds 8-12 (or so the cake decorator says but I can easily finish one off by myself in a day). Beyond just colored frosting there are speckles of color in the white base frosting and little hints of sprinkles to give the flowers a little texture.

Immediately my friend comments on how incredibly moist the cake is. A second friend raves about the light but delicious frosting - a nice deviation from the heavy and incredibly sweet butter cream. Before I dive into my slice I notice the color isn't your typical white cake, it's slightly browner which I presume comes from non-bleached organic flour. It was delicious. Just as my friends said, light frosting that perfectly compliments the moist cake. It was so good I contemplated going back to Whole Foods to get my own personal cake.

Sorry I didn't get pictures of the cake, once I people started raving about the cake instinct had me reaching for my fork without thinking.
rating :: 5 forks
reviewed by :: spankypants

0 comments:

Post a Comment