Basil Pan-Seared Scallops over Pasta

|

name of recipe :: Basil Pan-Seared Scallops over Pasta
website :: allrecipes.com/Recipe/Basil-Pan-Seared-Scallops-over-Pasta/Detail.aspx
review :: I often check allrecipes.com when I'm at a lost of what to cook for the night. So tonight, I decided to make the Basil Pan-Seared Scallops over Pasta since I had scallops in the freezer, courtesy of our last Costco trip. There were a few modification to the recipe I made. Instead of using bow tie pasta, I used short strand pasta. I used a mixture of lemon and lime juice. As for the garlic, I used fresh minced instead of the dry stuff and unsalted butter instead of whipped. Also, I added some Tony Sachari's to the scallop mixture because Tony's is good on everything.

If you're a one-pot type of cooker, this isn't the recipe for you. I had to use 2 pots and 1 pan for this simple recipe. While there is a lot of prep work for this particular recipe, the meal was actually pretty good. The pasta was light, despite using ever virgin olive oil and butter for the sauce. The sauce came out a bit on the salted side, even using unsalted butter, I had to add some sugar to it to even out the taste. I suggest leaving the salt portion out of the sauce.

If you're craving a light pasta dish, then this is for you.
rating :: 4 forks
reviewed by :: goose

0 comments:

Post a Comment